Web Development That Works
- Programming in Python 3 with the Django web framework means powerful, fast results.
- Unit testing on the business logic means reliable processes.
- Database programming in PostgreSQL means an extensible, reliable, and stable data-based solution.
Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language:
- has a design philosophy that emphasizes code readability,
- uses a dynamic type system,
- features automatic memory management,
- has a large and comprehensive standard library, and
- supports multiple programming paradigms, including object-oriented, imperative, functional, and procedural.
As of November 2020, the Python Package Index, the official repository for third-party Python software, contains over 270,000 packages with a wide range of functionality, e.g., web frameworks, test frameworks, text processing, image processing, machine learning, data analytics, and scientific computing.
Large organizations that use Python include Wikipedia, Google, Yahoo!, CERN, NASA, Facebook, Amazon, Instagram, Spotify, ILM, and ITA. The social news networking site Reddit is written entirely in Python.
Since 2003, Python has consistently ranked in the top ten most popular programming languages in the TIOBE Programming Community Index where, as of November 2020, Python is the second-most popular language.
With Django, we can take your website from concept to launch in a matter of hours. Django takes care of much of the hassle of Web development, so we can focus on building your website without needing to reinvent the wheel.
- Ridiculously fast.
Django was designed to help developers take applications from concept to completion as quickly as possible.
- Fully loaded.
Django includes dozens of extras you can use to handle common Web development tasks. Django takes care of user authentication, content administration, site maps, RSS feeds, and many more tasks — right out of the box.
- Reassuringly secure.
Django takes security seriously and helps developers avoid many common security mistakes, such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery and clickjacking. Its user authentication system provides a secure way to manage user accounts and passwords.
- Exceedingly scalable.
Some of the busiest sites on the planet use Django’s ability to quickly and flexibly scale to meet the heaviest traffic demands.
- Incredibly versatile.
Companies, organizations and governments have used Django to build all sorts of things — from content management systems to social networks to scientific computing platforms.
Django is free and open-source.
PostgreSQL is an object-relational database management system with an emphasis on extensibility and standards compliance. PostgreSQL is ACID-compliant and transactional, and can handle workloads ranging from small single-machine applications to large Internet-facing applications with many concurrent users.
PostgreSQL is free and open-source.
Responsive Web Design
A responsive web app adapts the layout to the viewing environment by using fluid grids, flexible images, and CSS3 media queries:
- A fluid grid sizes page elements in relative units like percentages (rather than absolute units like pixels), and
- CSS3 media queries identify the characteristics of the device and browser and define style rules that adapt to those characteristics.
HTML 5 is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content on websites.
CSS3 separates the content from its' presentation, styles elements site-wide (brand consistency), and facilitates accessibility for vision-impaired visitors.